1 cup (120 g) whole wheat flour
3 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons (38 g) sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 egg or 1/4 cup(60ml) egg substitute
1 1/2 teaspoons heart-healthy butter spread
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup(240ml) soy milk or low fat milk
1/2 medium apple
1. Mix well first six ingredients in a medium-size mixing bowl by hand. Set aside.
2. Place egg, butter spread, vanilla extract, milk, and apple into the blender container in
the order listed. Securely lock the 2-part lid.
3. Blend under "PUREE" program.
4. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and mix by hand until incorporated.
5. Let batter sit for 5-10 minutes before cooking to yield best texture and flavor.
TIP: If necessary, use the tamper to ensure everything mixes evenly.