1 medium onion, peeled, cut in quarters
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes
1 jar (6 ounces) sun-dried tomatoes
packed in olive oil
1/2 cup dry red wine
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped,
1. Place onion and garlic into blender container. PULSE until roughly chopped.
2. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic.
Sauté for 5 minutes, or until softened.
3. Place the tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, red wine, and crushed red pepper into
the blender container. Securely lock the 2-part lid.
4. Blend under "PUREE" or until desired consistency.
5. Add tomato sauce to the saucepan with garlic and onions. Add salt and pepper
to taste. Simmer 20 minutes.
6. Garnish with fresh basil before serving.
TIP: If necessary, use the tamper to ensure everything mixes evenly.